Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I Know




http://http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_color


The Primary Colors are... yellow, blue and red
The Secondary Colors are...purple, orange and green.
You Create Secondary Colors by... mixing two primary colors. For example red and yellow create orange.
Complimentary Colors are... colors opposite from each other on the color wheel. It is always a primary color mixed with a secondary color
Two Ways You Can Emphasize A Painting... 2 possibilities are to add bright colors to make an object in your painting pop out! Also, you can make colors darker or lighter, and you can add texture by maneuvering brush strokes.
If I Were Trying to Create a Shadow On an Object in a Painting I Would...mix colors to make the 'complimentry colors'. The colors add a sense of depth and are usually darker and a tint of blue or green depending on your painting.
If I Were Trying to Make An Object Look Far Away I Would... use brighter shades of the same color. You wouldn't want to use white because that would make the painting look flat and less realistic.
These Are The Steps I Would Take To Build a Painting... first I would plan out what I wanted to do in my sketch book. Then I would discuss the idea with a partner (if required to). I would write the date and requirements in my sketch book. Then I would make a small calender to organize my work process. Then I would begin.

No comments: