Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Statement of purpose

On your blog write a statement of purpose for the term using the following questions as a guide:

What questions can you formulate about your theme (at least 4)?

- Why are trees a good topic for art-ing?

- What concepts can I bring into my artwork?

- What different perspectives can I create work from?

- What is interesting about trees?

- How can I dig deeper into trees?


How does your theme connect to your life?

I see nature every day and nature consists of this beauty unmatched by anything else. It is pure and a crisp subject. I am immersed in nature and taking a walk through a forest is the easiest way for me to feel "real," calmed, and cleared of any negative emotions.


How does your theme connect to the world around you?

Just look around you.


What kinds of images come to mind when you think about your theme?

Trees, flowers, oceans, sky, animals, rocks, plants, fruit, grass, leaves, dirt, and oxygen.


What kinds of art or visual information (advertising, tv, film) have you seen that relates to your theme?

Plenty of art: paintings, drawings, videos, and photographs.


Why did you choose this theme and how can you envision exploring it through works of art over the course of the term?

I envisions working only on the subject of Trees and what relates to trees: leaves, flowers, fruit, birds, and wood.

I want to use many different materials: markers, scraps of paper, newspaper, charcoal and pencil, paint, and sharpies.


2 comments:

冠宇 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.