Friday, November 21, 2008

Final Reflection

Create a post in which you reflect on the PROGRESS you've made this term in the following areas:
1. Use of color
I think my use of color has definitely become stronger over this term. I have learned to see colors with in white, and I have also learned to find colors with in other colors. my knowledge of the color wheel has also strengthened over this term. I have learned to use opposites to create shadowing and depth with in a painting.

2. Use of composition
I have learned that composition is a very important tool to use when creating a set-up. It makes a picture more interesting and also the space can create a specific feeling.

3. Your ability to create the illusion of different surfaces and textures
With my white objects painting i was just learning about using my brush to create surfaces and texture. The white backdrop which was a sheet was challenging to paint, but i think i definitely grasped that concept in the end. I believe this come out greatly in my Surface and texture painting (which would make sense.....)

4. Your ability to create the illusion of space and depth.
This was definitely a hard concept to grasp for me, atleast depth was. I believe fully blossemed in my last painting (the staircase one) I think I really showed my ability to show depth. Also in my Surface and Texture painting i used depth to my advantage, to show what objects were in front of the other.

No comments: